Guayaquil Hill

Guayaquil Hill

Monday, August 3, 2015

June 15 2015



Well I can officially say a mission is not what I expected haha. So anyways, it has been quite the rollercoaster here. Especially today. I guess my comp owed someone money so we skipped companion study, and 12 weeks study and language study basically we skipped 3 hours of studying to waste 2 on a bus, one hour both ways, and almost two hours there waiting. We waited for a long time, and then we went to find a cyber and wrote the president our weekly letters. It was fun stuff.
Then we went to the market, and then to the fruit stands, I wish I would have taken a picture of our fridge, but basically fruit is dirt cheap here. 18 oranges, 18 mandrins, and 5 passion fruit for 3 bucks.
It is great, I'm gunna be having fruit and fruit smoothies every day!!
 Ok so to explain more about the food, people and area.. The food is terrible. We always eat lunch with the members since that is the big meal here, and they basically give you around two pounds of rice and a piece of meat, and a bowl of soup. You know how when we have Hawaiian haystacks how I always took a heap of rice, and mom would complain that was too much? Ya haha that's not even half of what they give you here.
Its ridiculous. The people here are dirt poor. The rich ones have concrete houses, and the less wealthy have bamboo houses. Remember the pictures of the houses that are like 5 feet in the air? That is also typical. They have wood supports and a house on top, its kinda funny. Still haven´t seen an iguana and theres probably 5 chickens for every person here. They are everywhere!! The other day I saw a chicken without any tail feathers, it was hilarious! Just a round butt and a head and two legs haha!  
So the last few days have been I think the 170th birthday of Ecuador so there have been some gnarly parades on our street.
So Elder P and Elder W are pretty cool, they are the other Elders in our house. The other day I came out of my room, and they had bought switch blades, and were playing fruit ninja. Elder C splattered a grapefruit all over my desk! It was hilarious. Elder W goes home in a week and Elder P in 2 months.
 So transportation here is crazy as well, people buy a crappy chinese motorcycle, cut the back wheel off and add a covered bench to the back. They cost 25 cents a person, we usually use one in the afternoon and one in the evening. My companion is done (writing).. Im gunna send pictures real quick.

Love,
Elder Taylor


a giant verde, like a banana but, more like a potato, and our street


No comments:

Post a Comment