Guayaquil Hill

Guayaquil Hill

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

July 20 2015



Hey Familia!
So to start out, I am so happy for you guys and your new ward. It sounds awesome. Never take those people for granted. As well, you should be trying to do missionary work. Kind of a bold start right?
haha But 80 percent of referrals are baptized. 20 percent of contacts are baptized. Now to explain this a bit more, we have something very cool in our lives. It helps us be better people and live better lives, and we are more happy. So why wouldn't we share that with our friends? It is hard to say because we don't want to be weird about it but tell them flat out. This church means a lot to me, I'd like to share it with you because we are friends. If they say no then you continue to be friends. It is a simple invitation, we invite you to listen to the missionaries if nothing more than to understand who we are.
  Anyways my area is pretty flipping amazing. The ward is awesome and I border the South mission btw! The other day we broke the rules by accident by looking for a pharmacy. We literally left the mission boundaries haha. But its cool. So about that, my appointment was Saturday.  ( For a plantar wart) She had 3 options, cut it out or 2 different kinds of acids. Only one of the acids will allow me to walk though so obviously we went with that. We will go get them tomorrow. It is pretty weird, we combine 2 acids together and then cover it. And change it every 3 days. I think it is going to hurt.
   The people here are good though. They all work, so no one is home until 6ish so it makes proselyting a little hard, and we cant sneak up on people so we don't really have many people to teach here. To explain the missionary I replaced, he is a missionary who is here to find a wife. He has already been caught making out with girls and other things. He was a terrible missionary. The people in the ward have all said, Elder P is gone? Halleluja! Welcome Elder Taylor! That was about every conversation for me. So now we are kinda opening a new area in a way. Gotta find all new people.
   So the food here is lots better as well. We have a list of people we eat with every week. Most are super rich, and some have help. Basically people who cook for them and clean and what not. So the rice is flavored! And they give us veggies!! Not as much cola in this sector, lots of juice. But the bad thing about this area is the shopping. Food is expensive again. Fruits are by the weights, so 2-3 bucks for 7 apples (an apple a day). And cereal here is pricey as well. A box is usually 5 dollars. Anything American is expensive. They have starbursts but 3 packs is 5 dollars. They also have subway in a mall close by but for less than a 6 inch its like 7 bucks. Same with nutella, 5 bucks for a small bottle. We ate dominos today, prices about the same, 8 bucks for a medium. Wasn't real dominos. One member bought us papa johns and it was as real as you can get, with garlic butter and everything. Loved it.
 My area has lots of parks and stuff too. Very nice area. Basically I wouldn't visit Vinces if my life depended on it but this area is super nice. Lots of air conditioners as well. It is a little hard for us because we both aren't good at contacting but the life style here is great. But our house is... Snug. I'll send you a pic of our bedroom, there is a 2 inch gap between our beds so it is not breaking any mission rules. There is just the two of us as well.
 Anyways, One quick thing, we contacted this guy who was sitting on the corner one night. I say whats your names, he says ''the name Jesus'' which was weird. Turns out his job is to sit on this corner all night blowing a whistle to scare jovens off which is like teenagers. He just sits there all night with his deadly broom handle and a whistle and whistles. It is great.
 As for my scripture I will send you a bracket I made for this decision. I've put a good amount of thought into it. 3 Nephi 13: 22,23.  I chose it because it explains how to be happy in this life. If our eyes see light, we will have light. But if our eyes see darkness, we will have darkness. I hope some day some kid having a bad day can read this and have it make a difference. Anyways, I love you guys, I gotta go. I'll send a few quick pics.
 Love,
Elder Taylor

PS Don't forget the holes soundtrack! And family pics! And a picture of our house so I can show people.

These are small potatos at a party,
 this is our room, 
 
and this is the scripture bracket haha.
 
The sign says No Parking.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment