Guayaquil Hill

Guayaquil Hill

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Nov 9 2015

Family...
Well thanks for the Hi from the dogs, tell them hola como estan I guess.. haha well, life here is all good. All good in the hood. haha But seriously it has been another quick week that has just absolutely flown by! I don't know how but it is gone. I love it though, the mission is the best.
 This week was pretty slow didn't do much out of the ordinary. I'll try to go day by day here.. Tuesday was pretty normal, Wednesday we had our zone meeting and then did splits. I left my sector for the first time in like 3 months and it was weird. Most people would think it is easier to go but I like staying so I can lead haha. I went to ward sauces and I was with Elder G. We started right after the meeting so we went to lunch. Elder G is having stomach problems so we had to eat in the office. He ate rice soup, (poor thing) and I ate lasagna! It was super good! After that we went and worked.
Nothing special. Thursday we worked. Friday we had a service project in the morning, we went to a random park and cleaned. Basically we swept and picked up trash. Elder G, he was trying to pull a bag out and goes, oh no, thats bones I'm out! We go over and look, luckily they weren't human but they were dog. It was really sad.
There were two dogs buried in that park that we stumbled upon. It was sad. I also found a cool turtle shell! It is white. I didn't touch it though it is probably full of diseases haha. But for some reason it was in a tree..
Saturday we worked. haha We were teaching this guy at 9:15 we were leaving and he says, I'll give you a ride. He is a less active who served in this mission. We also brought Hno Suleta because they served in the same time. We got in his car and he starts going towards our house. I say, you can let us out here, when suddenly he does a Uturn, and took us to a sushi restaurant. We asked him to get it to go but that didn't happen either. The restaurant was really cool though, owned by an old mission president. He wasn't there but his 3 sons were who are all return missionaries. We ate sushi and it was alright. I don't like sushi. But he insisted on paying. For this one plate we split and with a huge discount he paid 47 dollars!!  Anyways, remember how I said we were leaving at 9:15? Ya we got home at 9:40 ish. This is against mission rules... The return missionaries told our zone leaders about this and we got in trouble yesterday.
Remember that first, this is me. I don't break rules. And second, we were trying to hurry them up! Third, we were only 10 minutes late! Anyways, the zone leaders called us for an EMERGENCY MEETING and came and chewed us out. It was pretty stupid the whole ordeal but I didn't mind. I know the leaders are just doing their job.
Anyways, I do have a picture of us breaking the rules haha
Also, we might be moving houses soon. We might live above some members who have a ping pong table. We will be playing every day if that is the case haha!
Answer number 1: My companion is from Mesa, and he loves Arizona. He is convinced that Arizona is the best state, but that's because he's never lived in Idaho haha.We talk about cars all day. He is a fanatic and I like to learn.  He can look at any car and tell you all about it. We get along great.
Number 2: I don't want to be transferred. I love this ward and these people. My language is fine, I'm like 100 percent confident with my language. It's called the gift of tongues. It might happen next week but I think it'll happen in January after the holidays. It is pretty normal to have 6 months in 1 sector here.
Number 3: I love the food, I love the people, I love the fruit, I love it all.  The best plate here is callled currazgo. Basically rice with steak and green peppers with sauce (like fajita sauce) with french fries and an egg. In a month there will be soo many mangos! I am super excited.

Well I think that is it this week, love you guys


Elder Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment