Guayaquil Hill

Guayaquil Hill

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Oct 12 2015



Hey Family!
Long time no see, hows life? haha
 Ok but seriously, it has been a pretty good week, not gunna lie. My first two baptisms :) I did one, and the father of the other kid did the other. It was pretty great not gunna lie.  To explain, the first was M. He just turned 9 and his mom and step dad are members. His real dad is not and wouldn't give permission to him to get baptized. I had honestly never even talked with him before. His parents now want to get sealed, so the father gave permission to get baptized. The step father baptized him.
The other was G. She is 23 and is super cool. My companion had taught her like one time before I got here but I did most the work with her. Her mom was a less active because of the father. Lets just say he was VERY contentious when it came to church so she hadn't come in over 15 years. She is super cool. The father moved out about a month ago so then they could come to church. I placed the baptismal date and baptized her! It was great. She honestly is one of the greatest converts ever. She has a stronger testimony than I do! The spirit was so strong during the baptism. The mom of M spoke, and a friend of G that's a member. They made her cry! It was soo powerful!
 But funny story time.. I did some foot modeling for an hermono last week. I'll send some pictures, but it was great. Best service I've ever done ever hah! 
Today we also went to some market. Don't remember the name, but it was cool. I believe Ric will post a picture he took. I love him, he is so cool. He tries to take a picture every time he sees me. I just hope I don't get transferred soon. 
Well, I can't think of anything else... oh I threw up last week! Woke up at midnight, went to the bathroom, super sick, and threw up. Then I woke up the next day and went back to work haha.
 Love
Elder Taylor


G and her mom, the 9 year old and his family, and the crazy guy that asks for law of chastity pamphlets.


 The family again(better pic), and foot modeling and everybody at the baptism.



No comments:

Post a Comment